welcome to 08online

the official homepage for the mighty sea scouts of
penang free school
8th georgetown (south) sea scout group

Memoirs of a Sea Scout: Entry 008

I've decided to stay. It wasn't an easy choice. On one hand, I could possibly lose my best friends. On the other hand, I could lose something I'm really proud to be part of. In the end, I chose to stick with the troop.

In truth, I'm not abandoning them at all. It is they who have abandoned me. We've joined this troop together and yet they are leaving now for something as trivial as being reprimanded by the EXCOs for something they shouldn't have done but did anyway. If they don't learn to take some harsh words now, when will they ever? If they don't learn to be responsible for their actions now, when will they ever? If they don't start to grow up now, when will they ever? Until it's all too late? Our teenage years are the best years to make mistakes, learn from those mistakes and pick ourselves up again. Do we really want to wait for our adult years and then cause a major blunder?

If my friends cannot understand and respect my decision, then maybe they aren't exactly the friends I picture them to be. Maybe I just don't deserve to be their friends. I just hope they will judge my decision fairly and not influenced and blinded by their emotions. Only time will tell if I made the right decision. I hope I've not just made the biggest mistake of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment