welcome to 08online

the official homepage for the mighty sea scouts of
penang free school
8th georgetown (south) sea scout group

Memoirs of a Sea Scout: Entry 010

Troop Takeover is just around the corner. It will be my first experience of this ceremony. Seniors tell me it is an important time in the troop when the outgoing leaders will appoint new leaders to take over the troop. I guess that's why it's called Troop Takeover or TTO.

All the new leaders will be under probation until they are confirmed to their post during the Annual General Meeting (AGM). Each patrol will also get new PL and PS. There will also be some awards like Best Patrol, Best PL and Best Scout. I'm still too young to hold any post or get any award this year but I hope next year I will have chance. I have to work very hard for it.

How do they choose who to be new leader? Is it someone must have leadership qualities? Is it someone must have good knowledge of scouting? Is it someone must be responsible? Is it someone must be popular? Which character must a leader have? Who do you think a leader should be?

No comments:

Post a Comment